Kid: Hey mister, I bet a dollar , I can tell you the date and time where you got those shoes.
Tourist: OK, That’s a bet.
Kid: It’s Sept 18, 2012 , 3am and you got those shoes on Burbon Steet, Nu Awlins, Cha-Ching! , Pay up.
If the tourist refuses the grifters con, an entourage of the working group crawls out of the wood work and chimes in with insults and intimidating behavior creating a street scene, trying to coax the tourist to dig into his pockets. Consider that , a correlation of the AIM mentality people have been indoctrinated with.
I really dislike grifters , they leave such shadowing marks on the community and culture they present themselves as being representatives of.
It’s obvious the Lastrealindians holds the same mentality as the Jean Lafitte , bootleg mentality of dockside Nu Awlins. Such a shame to cast shadows over culture and tradition in such ways, while they re-iterate AIM scripts of snab and grab to generate sympathy for their “you owe us mindset.” That is to say, it is acceptable to lie, deceive and cheat for the cause because we are entitled.
Requesting an Understanding of Fund Raising
at the Save Pe Sla fb Page, LRI Replies
Jerimey Morse: According to indiegogo.com , the fund raising petition was set up as “flexible” , no funds are returnable , if you don’t reach your goal the fee is 9% , 3% for credit card processing, plus a $25 wire fee for non-U.S. campaigns. Currency exchange fees may also apply.
9267 funders generated 389000 on the counter at closing of the petition, how much will LRI actually receive?
- > Ruth Robertson-Hopkins , LRI campaign team member: Joe Wade, I mean, Jerimey…what have you done to protect Pe’Sla? Instead of slamming the efforts of dedicated Native individuals who brought attention to Pe’Sla (many are on this page) and effectively helped prevent Pe’Sla (Reynolds Prairie) from being auctioned off- and managed to raise enough funds as well as work with a coalition of Oceti Sakowin to open up negotiations for its purchase, you should drop your obvious personal vendetta against Chase and step aside. Lies, slander, and defamation solve nothing. You make a lot of accusations, but you offer no proof. That is probably why people don’t take you seriously. I’ve seen your blog posts. I’m assuming you have no full time employment- or how else could you have so much time to obsess over this? I’ve noticed you especially enjoy attacking women. Can I look forward to seeing my words cut and pasted onto your blog now too? Life is too short to spend it stewing in your own inadequacies. Hate and jealousy get you nowhere.
- > Matt Remle: Ruth, don’t even sweat the bad mouths out there. You all did something beautiful and helped to touch the hearts and minds of many. If people want to talk ish that’s ok, because these people are put into peoples lives to remind us how not to live. Anpetu waste luha yo.
- > Jerimey Morse: Ruth, how about answers and a bit of transparency, as soon as the petition closed indiegogo computed the figures for distribution and associated fees for the fund raising, those numbers are already available to LRI , How long will it take for the global community to get answers?
Read complete dialog of LRI Pe Sla Campaign Team member Ruth Hopkins replies with accusations, rhetoric, insults that lead into other members of the site chiming in, 140+ replies Or Save Pe Sla fb site
LRI Post about Transparency at Save Pe Sla fb site
- Geri Smith (posted a dialog from Indiegogo fb): Geri Smith: after a campaign closes , how does the public find out the actual amount of funds available after the indiegogo receives its service fees from the total donated >>>> Indiegogo: , Hi Geri, That information is the responsibility of the campaigner. They can share that information if they choose to
- Geri Smith: the “financial_details” are_not readily available on indiegogo website, and one would think a campaign team member would at least be straight forward and give the fund raising total after, overseas transactions, currency exchange rates, currency exchange fee’s, pay pal fee’s , or whatever other fees are deducted from the total donated.
- Your post is another attempt to not be open with the public, by telling them to go and look for themselves, knowing all necessary information is not at the indiegogo site.
- How about a little transparency to include the amount donated through the campaign option to donate directly to Rosebud Tribe, and the amount generated at the sept 5 rally
- Not going to happen is it? , if it does not this campaign fund raising transparency will be no different than the Justice for Vern Rally that lastrealindians conducted.
Unique Material: , Geri – you are an instigator wherever you go. Why do you sow dissent? Did you even donate? (…)
Keya Rainbow Heart: , (…) Humbly suggesting that the ones bringing negative energies are simply ignored … just saying
Lizzie Cornish: , Good idea, Keya… :0)
Geri Smith: , Unique Material, Keya Rainbow Heart, Please try not to flood the board with such rhetoric and finger pointing. if you have comments to offer an understanding , please post.Requesting an understanding is not being an instigator or bringing negative energy. Sara Jumping Eagle , will reply if she believes the people who gave deserve transparency, ignoring such a request and refusal to give an understanding is is no different than turning her back on those who have given.
Tags: A Gay Kingman, AIM, Annie Mae Aquash, arvol looking horse, borderlands ranch, chase iron eyes, pe sla, pe sla sold, Reynolds Prairie, reynolds property, sacred land sold, sarah jumping eagle, save pe sla